B3 Hotel – Practical Completion
Ampsail was brought on by Canary Wharf Contractors to provide a £10m Cat-B fitout that achieved practical completion in July 2022 for Canary Wharf Contractors & Tribe Hotel chain. The fitout spanned 10 floors & features 312 guestrooms & suites, a restaurant, bar, kitchens & back of house offices & facilitates served by a dedicated plantroom. Ampsail were responsible for the delivery of the project over 18 months to include the M&E, sprinkler & lighting packages.
In further detail:
- The project team installed mechanical, public health, BMS, LV, ELV, lighting & fire & life safety systems to operate inline with the shell and core works, consisting of:
- A low-voltage sub-mains distribution board fed from the main distribution boards, feeding various distribution boards via bus-bars located with the plantroom.
- A fully integrated emergency lighting control system supporting all areas of the project.
- A lighting package operated by presence detectors within guestrooms & back of house areas was provided, to include for a Lutron system covering the front of house areas
- A structured cable back bone system was provided for onward IT/TV/GRMS/Wifi systems.
- An inert-gas system to communication rooms, aspirating smoke detection systems & integrated LV panel suppression systems were provided site wide.
- A low-temperature hot water system supported by condenser boilers located within the purpose built plantroom.
- Secondary circuits from low-temperature hot water systems to 312 fan coil unit served guestrooms, radiant panels, over door air curtains. trench heaters & wall radiators.
- A fully integrated BMS with energy monitoring systems & full environmental control.
- Central chilled water system using water cooled chillers supported by roof mounted dry air coolers.
- Building wide ventilation systems from secondary supply & extract systems, toielt ventilation & ventillation to associated rooms. To include for a full kitchen extract system & smoke extract systems with damper control.
- Domestic hot and cold water distribution and main plant system serving guestrooms, kitchens, front of hours & back of house areas, inclusive of Cat 5 cold water systems.
- Full O&M, asset register & as-built drawings were provided.